Thursday, January 21, 2016

It's Carnevale in Venice


Dear readers,

It is that time of the year when we are ready for Carnevale.

There are many famous celebrations of Carnevale around the world, and even in Italy there are a few.

But amongst the most famous Carnivals in Italy and I dare to say also around the world, is for sure the Carnival of my own Venice. 
I heard the first official document in which the Venice’s Carnival was declared a public holiday dates back to 1296. Crazy that we still celebrate this amazing tradition.
During the Carnival, which attracts more than 1 million visitors a year, Venice boasts with history, colors, quirky masks and thousand of people flocking on the streets. The thing I love the most of this festivity is the creativity of the artists: Venetian masks can be made of many materials like porcelain or leather and it’s incredible how they never repeat themselves. Some masks have also names based on their styles. Bauta, Colombina and The Plague Doctor to name a few. I think this last one is a little bit scary…









































One of the most famous events during the Venetian Carnival is the Flight of The Angel (Il Volo dell’Angelo), a tradition that goes back to the 1500s: an artist hangs from a cable and goes down to the Doge’s Palace from the top of St. Mark’s Bell Tower.
I had the chance to see it in person and believe me, it’s magical! 
If you’re in Venice in January, the Flight of The Angel will be held on Sunday 31 at 12:00 pm in Piazza San Marco.




I almost forgot to say that you can also have the chance to participate to the many balls held in the city.
The most exclusive is Il Ballo Del Doge but there are many more.  They are fun and you will get to wear beautiful costumes. The dresses for my television special were made for me by a famous designer that makes the costumes for "Il Ballo Del Doge".

When: from January 23 to February 9
If you want to check all the events:

http://www.carnevale.venezia.it/en/events-list/
Wearing the Queen of Love dress  in Venice
Wearing the Queen of Love dress on stage



Wearing The Princess of Romance dress in Venice 


Wearing the Princess od Romance Dress on stage


I hope you can all experience the Carnevale in Venice one day.
And in the mean time I hope you enjoy my television special From Venice With Love and hope to see you at one of my Concerts so I can take you on a magical "virtual" journey to Venice with my music and my stories.

I’m going to book a flight to Venice right now. Be right back...if only right??

And Valentine's Day will my next BLOG!!

Love,

Giada 




No comments:

Post a Comment